2009 was a great season for cycle races in Singapore, with the Cyclone Race Series hitting the target of 9 races including 2 national championships, covering an entire range of cycle races.
This new Dirtraction initiative that seeks to make racing accessible to all levels of riders through simple, no-frills bike races which emphasize on the racing element, will continue on for 2010.
We are expanding the formats for the season, be in Mountain Biking or Road Races in Singapore, one will find exciting new format to challenge for.
Youth racing development will be given special focus in the series, through the Juniors category and Kids Races.
Exciting newbie-friendly formats of racing will also be introduced, giving weekend warriors and beginners the chance to experience the thrill of racing.
Of course, seasoned veterans have not been forgotten – the classic XC and Time Trials formats are still retained for the more hardcore racers.
So, what are you waiting for? Doesn’t matter if you roll on 20C or 2.1″ tires, go ahead and lock the following dates in your calendar already! Let’s race!
- 28 Mar 2010 – Classic Individual Time Trials – Changi Coast Road
- 25 Apr 2010 – Classic Team Time Trials – Changi Coast Road
- 13 June 2010 – Sprint Challenge, Point/Scratch Race – An oval near by
- 27 June 2010 – National Road Championship – Kaki Bukit Circuit
- 24 Oct 2010 – Kallang Criterium – Kallang Stadium
- 7 Nov 2010 – National Time Trials Championship
- 28 Nov 2010 – Team Time Trials
- 7 Feb 2010 – Ubin – Ketam MTB Park, Pulau Ubin
- 18 July 2010 – National MTB Championship – Bukit Timah
- 29 Aug 2010 – Tampines – Tampines MTB Park (Postponed)
- 10 Oct 2010 – Kent Ridge – Kent Ridge Park
Not forgetting Dirtraction’s biggest bike event of the year to look forward to…
- 29-30 May 2010 – Tampines MTB Park – Tampines
- 12hrs Night Marathon (rain or “moon” shine!)
- Youth BMX Race
- Juniors MTB Cross Country (XCO) Race
- Kids Offroad Time Trials