Or even an event to showcase your agility and balance over lightweight street obstacles, right outside Tampines Mall!DirTraction and People’s Association Water-venture present :
Climb-ON! Singapore Games 2007, Mountain Bike Speed Trials.“I am worried! I can’t do these ‘stunts’.”
Fear not as, no high skill stunts well be involved. The course is designed with 26″ mountain bikes in mind but welcome 29-ers dudes as well. The obstacles will challenge you on slow speed control, no higher than a metre tall and nothing as skinny as any thread. So if you’ve got what it takes to ride Singapore ‘s technical trails, like Kent Ridge’s ‘North Shore’-esque obstacles, you’re all set to try this challenge!
Date and Time
8th Sept 2007 (Sat) – Round robin rounds and qualifier for knock out rounds.
8AM – Registration START and Tag collection for qualifier
9AM – Round robin Battle (league format) starts.
1PM – Chill time!
2PM – Round robin Battle (league format) continues
5PM – Round robin rounds END
9th Sept 2007 (Sun)
9AM – Knock out rounds and finals start
6PM – Prize Presentation
Climb On! Singapore Games venue, just outside Tampines MRT / Tampines Mall
(map link )
- Mens Open (21 and above)
- Juniors (20 and below)
- Womens Open
Race Format- Qualifier
Riders will be divided to a massive league table, with each rider to battle other riders for the win.
The fastest mover and shaker to the line gets the point,
while the top few riders from the league table to proceed onto the knockout finals.
Unlike bike trials, you will NOT be penalized on putting your foot down on the ground.
- each league table consist of 10 challenger or less, i.e. up to 2 x 9 battles for each rider.
- each challenger will face off each other (route A and route B) basis for a total of 2 times in the round robin rounds.
- the maximum number of challenger per league table will be determine on race day.
example – Top 4 challenger goes for knockout round
(the actually cutoff for knockout rounds qualification will be determine upon the final lineup)
Knockout round will start off with round of 16-32.
Race Format – Knock Out rounds
- Challenger will battle each other 2 times
- Timing will be taken for both runs, and in the event of a tie, the rider with the fastest combine timing wins.
- there will be a 3rd-4th placing challenge to determine the 3rd placing.
- race organiser reserve the rights to increase the course difficulty for the knock out rounds.
Rules and Regulations
Click here for the rules and regulations applicable to this race.
Please note the following additional rules for this race :-
- Participants must bring along receipts/payment acknowledgement slip for verification purposes.
- Participants are to present photo identification on demand during registration and tag collection.
- Race day registrations are accepted only on the 8th of Sept 2007.
- Race tags must be collected 15mins before commencement of the race.
- Allow participants whose race begins before yours to collect their tags first in the queue.
- Race fees are not refundable once paid, whether in the event of cancellation of race due to bad weather and other reasons.
- at any one time, no 2 feet should be on the ground at the same time, a penalty of 10sec will be given for each incident. You may still put a foot down anytime.
Prizes and goodies
- Cash Prizes for Top 3 rider of EACH category.
- 1st Prize – SGD 100
- 2nd Prize – SGD 70
- 3rd Prize – SGD 30
- 26″ BikeTrial Frame worth $540 to be won
- BikeTrial Frame ‘option to purchase’ vouchers to be won
- Limited Edition BMC water bottle for the first 50 registration.
- Adidas apparel to be won.
Sponsors and Partners
Registration may be done Online
(click here for online registration)
Offline by visiting
- Swiss Valley Bike Shop
- People’s Association HQ
9, Stadium Link
People’s Association Water-Venture Section
Blk L, Rm 9
Tel : 6340 5335
(Cash payment only, strictly no NETS payment allowed)
Offline Registration Form for Printing (PDF format)
5 SGD for ALL categories
Race Results (in PDF)