Stop guessing, start riding!
Ketam Mountain Bike Park @ Pulau Ubin is ready for focus group testing before its official opening.
Join us at Pulau Ubin for the much awaited official-guided trail test ride!
- Date : 21st Oct 2007
- Time : 10 AM
- Location : Ubin Volunteer Hub, Basketball court, Meeting Point 1
- Pulau Ubin (Map Link)
Almost a year has pass since the DirTraction crew started its work on the brand new Ketam Mountain Bike Park.
The mountain biking facility was carefully constructed with input from IMBA Trail Solutions and references from UCI Technical delegates, with the intention of providing a sustainable and challenging mountain biking trail at Pulau Ubin, under the care of the National Parks Board.
Planning on the trail started early in February 2007, with the intention of having a route ready for an inaugural race. Watch out for this race date in early 2008!
The Bike Park
Ketam Mountain Bike Park offers
- 8km cross country network
- DirT Skills Park
- Freeride Skills Park.
The cross country loop offers 3 different variety of rides ranging from blue square rated (elementary) trails to double black diamond (very advanced) obstacles. The well-built rolling contour trail design weaves in and out of two major hills, offering scenic rides next to the Ketam Quarry lake and a good view of the coast.
A 400 metres long DirT Skills Park is included with various variety of skilled DirT obstacles and jumps available. offering progression path for novice and thrill rides for the experts.
Technical riding practice session can now be done in safety of the Freeride Skills Park, giving novice riders an environment to learn and hone various
mountain biking techniques.
Cross Country Trail (XC)
[For safety measures, trail map will be made available on 20th Oct 2007]
|L04||Rock n Roll||637|
DirT Skills Park
The Orientation Ride
The orientation ride will serve as a start to introduce a target group to the trail, allowing a pre-ride of completed sections with official trail guides serving as chaperone.
- 10:00 am – Meet Up at Ubin Volunteer Hub (Meeting Point 1) Basketball court,. start of skills test for grouping purposes.
- 10:45 am – Ride Briefing
- 11 am – START of ride, in groups
- 1:00 pm – Guided ride completed. break for lunch and/or unguided rides.
- Personal Bike (rental available at Ubin)
- Helmet (rental available at Ubin)
- Hydration Pack/ Water bottle (at least 1 litres recommended its HOT!)
- Covered shoe
- Gloves (optional but recommended)
- Indemnity Form (download a copy here )