OCBC Cycle National Mountain Bike Championship 2017 will be held at Chestnut Nature Park this year. Newly opened in Feb 2017, the Chestnut Nature Park will host its first Singapore National Mountain Bike Championship, where the competitors will race through the singletrack, rock descents and switchbacks to be crowned as Singapore Champions.
23 July 2017, Sunday (12.30PM – 4PM)
Chestnut Nature Park
By MRT – Alight at Pending LRT. Walk towards Bukit Panjang Hawker Centre, walk past Kim San Leng Coffee Shop. Head towards Blk 276 Bangkit Road, leading to Zhenghua Park. Take the tarmac track leading to Zhenghua underpass to get to Chestnut Nature Park.
By Bus – Take bus 171, 187, 190, 960, 963, 966 or 972 and alight at Block 270, Bukit Panjang Road. From the bus stop, take an approximately 500m walk towards Blk 276 Bangkit Road, leading to Zhenghua Park. Take the tarmac track leading to Zhenghua underpass to get to Chestnut Nature Park.
By Car – Head towards Blk 276 Bangkit Road, park at the HDB carpark, Take the pathway leading to Zhenghua Park and go along the tarmac track leading to Zhenghua underpass to get to Chestnut Nature Park.
Participant may park near Blk 276 Bangkit Road HDB Carpark
|Event Podium Jersey
|Event Energizing Partner
BLUE line indicates DHI course
race course subject to changes
Single Tracks, rock descents and switchbacks
23 July 2017 Sunday
- Championship Mens Juniors-B (13-16yrs)
- Championship Mens Juniors-A (17-18yrs)
- Championship Womens Juniors-A (17-18yrs)
- Championship Mens Masters (35-44yrs)
- Championship Womens Masters (35 -44yrs)
- Championship Mens Super Masters (45yrs and above)
- Championship Mens Elite (19yrs and above)
- Championship Womens Elite (19yrs and above)
Notes : [Update]
- Any Elite DHI rider with UCI points is not allowed to participate in the Masters category.
- Age is determined by the present year minus the year of birth of the competitor. Example, 2017 minus 1993 is 24yrs.
- Any category with less than 5 participants (teams) may be combined with other categories at the organiser’s discretion.
- Singaporeans who wish to secure UCI Ranking Points, the National Champion Jersey or a Podium finish, MUST hold an SCF National Race Licence (2a or 2b– Day Licence) or a UCI International Race Licence.
For All Other Singaporeans i.e. those who do not wish to secure UCI Ranking Points or challenge for the National Champion Jersey or a podium finish,
- and Non-Singaporeans, they must hold at least an SCF Day Licence.
- All participants in the event will requires to hold the requisite insurance coverage as per stated in SCF National Race Licence guidelines
- All participants are required to obtain SCF Licence (annual/day licence) via SCF website directly.
22 July 2017, Saturday
Race kit Collection & Licence Check
Time: 11AM – 1PM
NSA Office (Singapore Sports Hub)
3 Stadium Drive #01-33
By Car: Take escalator next to carpark B12
By Train: Exit A, walk towards Gate 3
Nearby landmark: H&M
- Participants must collect their race kit and have licence checked on Saturday. There will be NO race kit collection/ Licence check on race day.
- Proof of identity (IC/ Passport) is required during the licence check.
- 10% refund of race fee (SGD$5) will be given upon presentation and verification of OCBC credit card matching registered name.
- For participant who wish to appoint a proxy to collect race kit on behalf, both proxy form and participant’s race licence would need to be presented.
23 July 2017, Sunday
|Start of DHI Seeding(Fastest rider start first)
|Men’s Super Masters
|End of DHI Seeding
|DHI Finals (Fastest rider start last)
|Men’s Super Masters
|Award Presentation for DHI
- All participants are required to be at startline 15 mins before the race
- All Participants are required to sign in at startline on race day
- The event organiser reserves the rights to change the race schedule
- Only top 50% of riders for each category will qualify for DHI Finals, i.e. if there are 30 riders in a category only 15 riders will qualify for the finals.
How do I register?
Participant with OCBC Credit Card get a 10% discount for race fees, terms and condition applies.
- participant name to match OCBC Credit Card name
- a refund of 5 SGD will be given during licence check/race kit collection, upon presentation and verification of the card
(a) Only online registration is accepted. You can register online NOW.
If you are paying by cheque, make sure you complete the online registration procedure and send a crossed cheque made payable to “Dirtraction Group Pte Ltd” to the following address :-
Dirtraction Group Pte Ltd
If you are paying by Singapore Dollar bank transfer
Bank transfer should be made to
Dirtraction Group Pte Ltd
SGD Current Account 057-900011-7
Bank Code : 7171
Branch Code : 057
we will require you send us via email ONE of the following for payment confirmation
- the scan copy of the banking slip with date/time clearly indicated
- the transaction number, account number and date/time of transaction
Kindly put in your full name as the ‘Payer Name’, so we can monitor for your transaction.
Do note that all international bank transfer charges to be borne by the Payer.
What is the deadline for registration?
Registration deadline :
OCBC Cycle National Mountain Bike Championship – 17 July 2017
After the deadline, DirTraction will not be accepting any registration nor entertaining race day registration, unless otherwise notified on this page.
So, please do remember to register early!
- No Participant is allowed to participate in any of the events without prior agreement to the event exclusion of liability and indemnity statement.
- By registering online, you will have to agree to the event exclusion of liability and indemnity statement.
- All Participants who are below 18 years old, are required to print a copy of the event exclusion of liability and indemnity form and obtain the signature of their parents or guardians on the form. A signed hard copy will be required on the race kit collection/ race day.
Rules and Regulations
- OCBC Cycle National MTB Championship 2017 – SCF Overarching Rule
- Only Singapore Citizens who hold a UCI Licence will be awarded UCI points.
- As according to Singapore Cycling Federation’s guideline on National Champion Jersey
- Singaporean winner will be crowned as National Champion and be given the National Champion Jersey, so long as there are at least 3 participants for the category
- 23 July 2017 – Downhill :
- UCI Rules and Regulation will be followed
- specific rules exception/highlights :
- No sleeveless jersey allowed.
- Ensure handle bar end plugs are intact
- Riders will be given their start position under the Race directors discretion
- Slower riders must give way to faster riders on the course
- Fastest time to complete the course ,’Wins’
- Medallists must adhere to UCI regulations on when attending the prize award ceremony
- A full face helmet* must be worn properly both when racing and when training on the course. Open-face helmets may not be worn.
- Riders are encouraged to use the following protection:
- Back, elbow, knee and shoulder protectors made of rigid materials
- Protection for the nape of the neck and the cervical vertebrae
- Padding on shins and thighs
- Broad full length trousers made from rip-resistant material incorporating protection for the knees and calves or broad-cut shorts made from rip-resistant material plus knee and calf protectors with a rigid surface
- Long sleeved shirt
- Full finger gloves
*Note: One shell helmet must be used, enduro helmets that come with separate attachments are NOT allowed.
- The use of a mounted camera is not allowed
If you are physically unwell or unfit , we would advise you not to participate in our events.
If you have any medical conditions that we should be aware of, please write to us and we will inform our race director.
Teams and riders are responsible for the cleanliness of the surrounding, please asked for waste bags from our crew.